If you are tired of a simple and boring subtitle, you can create a new one with the sharp, size, color and other parameters you like by using the group of Text Effects. If a DVD and video file you play have the subtitle file, simply adjust it with these Text Effects.
In the Effect list pane go to Video group > Text group > Subtitle effect. Double click on Subtitle effect.
When this effect gets added to Effects to apply list, right mouse click on it and in the context menu choose Properties, Subtitle Settings dialog box will come up.
To indicate the path to the subtitles you can either type it down in Subtitle File field, or click on Browse button and choose the proper file there.
- Click on Font button and Font dialog box will appear, where you can change some subtitle settings. Let’s study them one by one.
(1) Font combo box provides you with the most popular kinds of types for your subtitles.
(2) Font style combo box let you choose between Italic, Bold and other available modifications of the selected type.
(3) Size combo box is designed to select the size of your future subtitles.
(4) If you set Strikeout check box , the subtitles will be crossed by a horizontal life.
(5) If you set Underline check box , the subtitles will be underlined by a horizontal line.
(6) Color combo box allows you to select the color of the subtitles.
(7) Script combo box has the major scripts. Choose the necessary one.
(8) All the changes you make you can observe in Sample box . If you like how they look like, just click OK button.
If you want your adjustments to take place, click OK button on Subtitle Effect settings dialog box, if you do not want it – click Cancel.
In the Effect list pane go to Video group > Text group > 3D Subtitle Editor. Double click on 3D Subtitle Editor.
When this effect gets added to Effects to apply list, right mouse click on it and in the context menu choose Properties, 3D Subtitle Editor Settings dialog box will come up.
If the opened video or DVD file has its own subtitles you can indicate the path to it by clicking Open button (1) on 3d Subtitle Editor Dialog box. If you do, Open dialog box will appear.
Note: You can only open (*.srt) or other supported subtitle file here.